Rupen entered higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the South West Thames training program and was able to tailor his training to complement his sub-specialist interest in shoulder and elbow surgery. In 2011, Rupen obtained his Fellowship in Trauma and Orthopaedics (FRCS-Orth) and was placed on the Specialist Register (CCT).
Rupen was awarded two prestigious fellowships in shoulder and elbow surgery in Cambridge and at the internationally renowned Reading Shoulder Unit. Rupen has also completed a trauma fellowship at a Level I trauma centre in Vancouver, Canada. These fellowships have provided Rupen with a highly specialised clinical practice, exclusively in shoulder and elbow arthroscopic (keyhole) and arthroplasty (joint replacement) surgery as well as surgery for fractures around the shoulder and elbow joints.
Rupen was appointed as a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust in 2013.
Specific specialist interests:
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery for instability
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery for impingement, acromioclavicular joint (ACJ) arthritis & rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder arthroplasty
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Ulnar nerve decompression
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
- Surgical Tutor, Royal College of Surgeons Of England